The 5 Key Elements Of Brand Strategy
A great brand that stands out in a crowded market and attracts an audience of engaged and action-led members doesn’t just happen by accident. Brand strategy is the driving force behind a successful business.
To future-proof your brand for a new era, you need to identify the role that society, consumers and employees have in shaping corporate reputation. Follow along as we dive into the 5 key elements of brand strategy.
Why do you need a brand strategy?
A fully functioning and thought-out brand strategy is designed to create a lasting impact. To help your brand operate from a deeper foundation that will remain culturally relevant for years to come.
Brands that actually last and don’t fall to pieces under the weight of the market have a sustainable roadmap. Brand strategy is the architecture behind every successful brand that helps to inform company organization, culture, and communication.
Elements of a successful brand strategy
- Brand Positioning: Brand positioning is your brand’s unique identity in the market. Positioning, and creating a positioning statement, is a way to speak to the vision and position you want to achieve and maintain in your industry. It’s how you differentiate yourself from the competition and strengthen your own standing in the marketplace. A strong brand position creates emotional resonance and defines why customers choose your brand over another.
- Brand Identity: Your brand identity should include a set of aspirational motivations that are shared with your customers and society. They inform your place in the world, your impact on the future, and WHY you exist as a company. Get deep into your mission and your unique value proposition. Return to your identity and beliefs to ground yourself and your business when needed.
- Brand Values: Brand values are a code of principles that guide HOW you build an emotional connection with your market and accomplish your goals. Beyond authentic values like honesty, integrity, transparency, and accountability – build even more unique values into how your business will operate.
- Brand Story: Your brand story should connect with your audience emotionally and ultimately aim to become a part of their lives. It needs to represent the current needs and wants of your audience members, adapting over time. The brand itself does not change, but you are simply reframing the aspects that are most important so that your messaging can feel targeted and seamless.
- Brand Image: The visual and verbal communications that convey your shared purpose to consumers, your brand image is what you see and think of when a brand comes to mind. This includes colors, fonts, design, messaging, voice, and more. It is the most visual part of your strategy and sets an impression of your brand in your audience’s minds.
Create a Strategic, Actionable Brand With Drawing From Memory
By following our full-spectrum brand strategy, we create brands with purpose: driven by a strong code of shared values and prepared to weather the storms of a rapidly changing world.
Are you ready to bring your brand to life through impact-driven, strategic, actionable, and measurable tactics? Get in touch with our branding agency.