Reinventing everything from your name to your marketing collateral – a rebrand is the process of redeveloping your brand into something new. Rebranding your business is a natural process for every brand looking to stay modern and continue their growth, but when you are unsure what the next step is, the process can be overwhelming.
That’s why at Drawing From Memory we are offering our top 4 rebranding essentials. If you are looking to rebrand your business, here’s where you should start:
1. Identify Your Goal
Before you ever begin your rebrand, it is essential to identify the intention and goal behind this change. Consider these questions, and see where your brand aligns:
- Is your website just out of date, and in need of some new life?
- Did your brand’s mission and vision change to the point that your existing brand doesn’t support it anymore?
- Are you changing your focus to better fit customer needs?
- Are you updating your brand to stand out from the competition or better fit existing marketplace opportunities?
There are a myriad of reasons for a rebranding, whether you have changed your company vision, or want better customer retention and sales. Once you identify the goal of your rebrand, it can successfully change the trajectory of your business.
2. Research + Strategy
The first step in rebranding your business is taking a deep dive into your brand identity itself. In order to rebrand successfully, you need to understand the current market of your brand, including things such as:
- What is working (and what isn’t)
- Who is your current audience (and how are they responding and interacting with your brand)
- Who is the audience you want to reach (and how do you want them to interact?)
- Who are your competitors in the space, and what strategies appear to be working well (and not well)
It is essential to evaluate your brand’s awareness and engagement, identifying any gaps you are currently experiencing, before you ever start the rebranding process. This will ensure that your new brand perception will be in line with industry needs and expectations.
3. Decide What Elements Are Changing
When rebranding your business, there are many elements that can change entirely. A rebrand can include the reinvention of elements such as:
- Your brand name itself and tagline
- New copy messaging
- An entire new website design
- All visual identity elements including your logo, color palette, and fonts
- New photography
- Product packaging and marketing collateral, and much more
Once you have established your goals and objectives, done the research and strategy work – you will likely see which areas of your business are in need of a rebrand (and don’t be afraid if that means all of it!)
4. Work With A Qualified Branding Agency
When you’re investing the time and money in rebranding, you need to do it right. At Drawing From Memory, our creative branding agency fuses strategic expertise with fine art roots, creating elevated brands that fully inhabit their unique identities in digital, retail, and beyond.
More than just giving a boost to the products you sell, a successful rebrand will excite customers and drive brand loyalty. Our identity-driven, collaborative branding methodology builds beauty companies rooted in values and beliefs in order to do just this.
Are you ready to reveal your vision? Schedule a call.