Of all the elements that compose your brand identity, your logo is your outward advertisement to the world. The face of your business, your logo is essential in not only providing a strong visual balance, but also setting your product’s overall tone.
Logos go beyond just an image, and act to express unique messages, inspire very specific thoughts, spark genuine interest, and generate certain emotions and reactions in your audience.
So, what does it take to build a compelling logo that supports and enhances your brand identity? Follow along with these tips from our branding agency.
More than a logo: Enveloping brand ideals
A visual symbol that represents your vision, memorable logos foster brand loyalty and create instant recognition in consumers’ minds.
When you think of the black and white interlocking logo for Chanel, it is immediately associated with a sense of luxury and elegance. Tied so intrinsically to their ideals, you know exactly what to expect from anything marked with those linking C’s.
When there is a clear and positive association between brand principles and logo – you know you have an effective brand strategy.
How to build an effective logo
A well-designed logo does so much work. It allows people to quickly identify and recall your brand. It enhances a sense of brand loyalty. It projects a professional and trustworthy image. And it gives an instant impression of what your brand is all about.
When building an effective logo, here’s how to get started:
- The first step in building an effective logo is in having a deep understanding of your brand’s unique mission, values, and principles. A coherent brand works as a whole to satisfy your customers, stand out from the competition, and convey your distinct standpoint. Understand the message you want to be sharing before you start designing your logo.
- Similarly, you need to have a deep understanding of your audience. What challenges are they currently facing, and what they are looking for in your brand’s space? Only then can you position your brand (and your logo!) as the solution.
- Decide how you want people to feel when faced with your brand. Logos need to be timeless, evoking a certain sense or emotion from consumers time and time again. Do you want to be seen as authoritative? As a luxury good? Or as an approachable brand? Figure out the emotion you want your potential consumers to have when faced with your logo.
- Start to combine shapes with your typography and color palette. Before building out your logo, it is essential to already have a strong idea of your typography and color palette. Then, brainstorm icons, graphics, and shapes that can enhance your brand image.
- Don’t be afraid to go simple. You want your logo to be straightforward and clear – giving an instant understanding of your brand in a small amount of space and design. Above all, you want it to be understandable and memorable!
- When in doubt, enlist the help of professionals. Before you slap something together – it is important to remember that your logo will be featured on all marketing collateral and other materials you need for your business, such as websites, emails, product packaging, and more.
Use Your Logo to Enhance Your Brand Identity With Drawing From Memory
If you’re ready to be memorable with a strong brand platform and a seamless online presence and marketing strategy, we would love to help. At Drawing From Memory, our creative branding agency fuses strategic expertise with fine art roots, creating elevated brands that fully inhabit their unique identities in digital, retail, and beyond.
Are you ready to reveal your vision? Schedule a call.