The beauty market has boomed over the last few years, estimated to be valued at over $1.127 billion in 2018. But with so many brands competing in this space, it can be hard to stand out.
Combine that with a growing trend towards sustainability, transparency, and brand ethos, you can easily get left behind in this fast-growing market. That’s why our branding agency is bringing you 3 of our favorite ways to elevate your beauty brand. Let’s get started!
- Deliver a powerful brand identity
Clear and specific beauty branding is the easiest way to cut through the clutter and help your brand stand out in a crowded space. If you don’t have your brand identity set before you start marketing your products or services, you may not be able to effectively communicate your message using design and voice.
Your brand identity will help shape your unique brand and bring it to life. It is made up of things such as what your brand says, the values you communicate to the world, and how your audience perceives and interacts with your business.
When building your brand identity, try to answer questions such as:
- Who are you and why are you different?
- What is your mission?
- Who is your audience?
- Create an online presence that delivers
There are many design elements that are essential in creating a beauty brand or cosmetics business that stands out. Your website, color palette, logos and online presence all help your brand to identify with your audience, convey your brand principles, and encourage lifelong customers.
When building your brand, consider elements like:
- Typography. Just like the Nike font, your brand can come to be identified by your brand fonts and typography as they act as visuals that your target audience can keep in mind for a long time.
- Color palette. Strategic color usage will help express brand ideals, inspire very specific thoughts, and generate certain emotions and reactions such.
- Logo. Your logo is the face of your beauty business, essential in capturing your consumer’s attention and separating you from the crowd.
- Packaging. On-brand packaging that is unique and represents your brand principles can help your brand jump off the shelf and grab your audience’s attention.
- Imagery. Creatives, such as photography or graphic illustrations, can highlight your brand’s commitment to certain principles while giving a cohesive and memorable feel to your site.
- Deliver on your brand promises
Throughout building your brand identity and visual elements, you are making certain promises to your audience about who your brand is, what principles you stand behind, and what you intend to deliver.
Whether you are promising to deliver on product quality, eco-conscious elements, ingredients, sustainability, diversity, or more, you need to make sure those promises are met. If sustainability is one of your main priorities, have you taken a closer look at your packaging? Is it made from recyclable materials? Have you cut out as much waste as you can when it comes to plastic wrappings or fillers?
Objectively analyze the components of your brand promise, including:
- Brand essence. In what ways is your brand staying true to your purpose?
- Brand drivers. What is your brand being called upon to deliver to your customers and community?
- Service values. How are you staying consistent and delivering on customer experiences?
At Drawing From Memory, we fuse strategic expertise with fine art roots to create elevated brands that fully inhabit their unique identities in digital, retail, and beyond.
Ready to take your beauty branding to the next level? Get in contact, we’d love to chat!