Thanksgiving is only a few days away and we've already got cravings for pumpkin pie! There are hundreds of recipes that claim to make that perfect pumpkin pie for your Turkey Day, but we've put together a list of delicious looking pie recipes that not only look delicious, but meet different Thanksgiving dinner needs depending on what kind of cook you are (or aren't...).
1. Easy - The Impossibly Easy Pumpkin Pie from Betty Crocker is perfect for the cook whose strengths lie outside the kitchen, but who wants to try out a homemade pie instead of the usual store bought kind. It takes only 10 minutes to prepare, 40 minutes to bake, and really boils down to pouring, stirring, and putting in the oven. Since it has no crust, It's the closest to being mistake proof we've seen!
2. Clever - The Pecan Pumpkin Pie from Gourmet.com is a clever find because it kills two pies with one recipe. Instead of needing two kinds of pie at your Thanksgiving dinner (because you know not everyone can agree on just one kind), this crafty pie combines the tradition of pumpkin with the deliciousness of pecan, thus saving you time and money.
3. Deceptive - The Maple-Candied Pistachio Pumpkin Pie from Gilt Taste is the go-to choice for a host that doesn't have much time to prepare, but still wants to impress the guests. This recipe calls for a store bought pie - all you need to do is dress it up with baked pistachios, and finish it off with a deliciously rich mascarpone and bourbon concoction. You'll fool everyone into thinking you put a lot of effort into making this fancy schmancy pie, even though it only took you about 15 minutes in the kitchen. Win, win!
4. Chocolate - The Triple-Chocolate Pumpkin Pie from Martha Stewart Living is a foolproof choice for those families that really just can't get enough of anything chocolate. Remember all those years you ended up with almost an entire pumpkin pie leftover because everyone chose to devour the chocolate pie instead? Look no further - the answer is here: one pie that satisfies your family's need for all things chocolate, while still respecting the tradition of the all -powerful pumpkin.
5. Adventurous - The Texas Hill Country Spiced Pumpkin Pie from Martha Stewart Living is the perfect way for more adventurous cooks to spice up this year's Thanksgiving meal (pun completely intended). The secret ingredient? Just a bit of chipotle-chile powder added into the mix will surprise and delight your taste buds, and your more adventurous guests will be excited by the break from tradition.
6. Non-Traditional - The Pumpkin Parfaits from Gourmet.com are the answer that those of you who are completely bored with traditional pumpkin pie have been looking for. These parfaits can be made in advance, and combine the tastes of pumpkin pie and gingersnaps into one tasty dessert that's more of a mousse than a pie. And what's even better? Prep time for this delight-in-a-glass is about 30 minutes for 8 desserts, meaning you have more time to spend outside the kitchen arguing about Occupy Wallstreet with your family. Amazing!
Drawing from Memory is a Los Angeles graphic design, package design, website design, and branding agency specializing in luxury goods. Click here to see our portfolio.